Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wreck This Journal

I have decided that the best time to work on the journal is when I'm stressed.

I just got back from the doctors, turns out my knee is not fractured, it is arthritis that has made it difficult to walk.

The first thing I did was glue the Police Blotter from my community paper in the journal. Always good for a laugh. I then proceeded to the page, drip something here. I took some pink paint and dripped it, following the instructions I shut the book, reopened it to find blobs of color. Looks like an ink test where you are supposed to find something in the blob. I found nothing. Perhaps another time I will see something highly creative. I did find pink paint on my good linen shorts though.

I decided to go get the mail, we have mail huts. My neighbor was there and I asked her what she thought of the weather (she was wearing long sleeves and long pants). It is 86 and humid. She said she never discusses the weather, she hates anything above 70, but is always happy to discuss snow in the winter. I love the people in my neighborhood.

Next entry: WTJ in the shower

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love inkblots! I'm glad they helped release some stress for you, Susan!

    Your neighbor's comments about the weather cracked me up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that WTJ can be such a good companion when stress arrives. Just a little bit of blotting and blobbing can make the day a little better.

    I hope you find some relief with your knee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm married to your neighbor...

    ReplyDelete

LIFE ON THE SIDEWALK a photo essay

As most of you know I move in a wheelchair. My observations are different than someone who walks. Quite simply, I'm lower to the gro...