Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fun Things to do this Winter


Winter can be so long and cabin fever can strike early. Well below is a list of things to do that might help you make it through the winter months.

1. Throw a pot luck party.

2. Read that novel you've been putting off.

3. Buy a sled and feel the wind in your hair as you race down the hill.

4. Gather some children together and have a snowball fight.

5. Make some hot chocolate, adding some Bailey's Irish Cream.

6. Winter is the perfect time for a project. Try something new; bake some bread, painting on
fabric or a new computer program. I always have a project I am saving for the winter
months.

7. Watch an old movie. Go through Hitchcock's movies.

8. Set up a bird feeder outside a window so you can watch the birds. Just be sure to keep
it full of food.

3 comments:

  1. Good ideas! Today would be a good day for the novel and the hot chocolate, I think. I'm reading The Gospel According to Coco Chanel. She was an amazing person... very outspoken and devil-may-care. Not like me at all. Maybe that's why I'm so fascinated. Anyway, thanks for the good ideas! (By The Way: I'm picturing you on a sled, flying down a hillside....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Katherine - thank you for stopping by and offering up your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your kind comments were much appreciated! I love your ideas for winter and will have to give some of them a try, especially #5. ;-)

    -Karen (Art and Tea)

    ReplyDelete

LIFE ON THE SIDEWALK a photo essay

As most of you know I move in a wheelchair. My observations are different than someone who walks. Quite simply, I'm lower to the gro...