Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Dye Garden

This year my garden focus will be on plants to use in dyeing fabric, paper and yarn. I will achieve this goal using specific plants that when added to a dye bath add color. Along the way I will record from beginning to end my results on this blog. I am going to use seeds and plants to make the dye garden. 

As things stand right now I have used plants I've collected from the fields plus all the flowers my neighbors send over. I do not get fresh
bouquets but rather the dyeing bouquet. I love them all.

Hope you stay tuned, or perhaps try it at the same time!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE ON THE SIDEWALK a photo essay

As most of you know I move in a wheelchair. My observations are different than someone who walks. Quite simply, I'm lower to the gro...