I thought it would be fun to do a Halloween Trivia Contest
Below is a list of questions the first person to answer correctly will win something I have hand painted.
It is a surprise :))
1.What is the name of the man most historians believe is the "Original Count Dracula"?
2. Who had the lead role in the first movie about Dracula in 1922?
3. What was Halloween originally named?
4. What does a person suffering from Lycanthropy believe he is?
5. What was the name of the Lon Chaney Jr. starred in, in 1941?
6. In Edgar Allen Poe's "Murder in the Rue Morgue", how were the victims murdered?
7. How many Edgar Allen Poe/Vincent Price movies were there? How many can you name?
8 . Who wrote the Legend of Sleepy Hollow?
9.What is the term for a mischievous or malevolent spirit?
10. What was the name of the Halloween hit song that Bobby "Boris" Pickett made famous?
11.What is the French term "bete noire" more commonly known as?
12. Who said "Double…
Yesterday a friend of mine and I went out to breakfast. We both used to live in Lakewood, Ohio so we thought it would be fun to have breakfast at The Place to Be. It is a tiny restaurant, off a main street in Lakewood. If you have lived in Lakewood for awhile, you know the place. It is not a well known restaurant, unless you are a local. Great breakfast, omelets etc... There still are places where you can eat
for under ten dollars.
There is a park not to far from there that looks out over Lake Erie. I used to go there several times a week. I moved out to the country so it's not that close anymore. Of course I didn't bring my camera.
So I was forced to take pics with my IPhone. Someone had built a tee-pee out of driftwood! You cannot tell from the picture, but it stands at least 12 ft. Hopefully this weekend I can get closer and remember my camera.
I meant to do my work today-
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And the leaves were calling me.
And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shinning hand-
So what could I do but laugh and go?
Today is a day for remembering-
remembering the many wonderful contributions each and everyone of your loved ones made to
others whose lives they touched... I hope you can draw strength from each other today
and some comfort knowing that people all around the world share your grief.
I must apologize to the author of this quote, I cannot remember his name.
1. Make sure the muslin is washed before dyeing.
2. Put a pint of blueberries and 3 cups of water on stove and bring to boil. Remove blueberries.
3. I gathered up the muslin and here and there tied string on so the color would not be even.
4. Stir blueberries and shut off heat when it has reached a boil. Put muslin in making sure to soak
the entire cloth. I let mine sit for an hour, the longer it sits the more intense the color.
5. Take the dyed piece out of the water and let it dry outside. Leave the string on until the fabric
is nearly dry.
6. When the muslin is dried, cut of string and lay the piece of muslin out to finish drying.
7. When dry heat set fabric with iron. Gently wash and then put in dryer. This will further set the color.
Your hands will turn blue.
Never use a pot you are going to cook with to dye fabric.
Be sure to wash separately as dye will fade.
Remove hot cloth with tongs and place in bowl so it does not drip on you…